Monday, November 5, 2012

Collage



I did my "Next President Collage" about education, and opportunities.  i did a lot of magazine transfers and continued to overlap different images and text that conveyed my message.  some elements are covered, there is a saxophone player in the collage that only I can really see.  I think that cutting arts and music is a tremendous mistake that our country is making and it is cutting off opportunities for the next generation to succeed.  Education is  the most important thing because it forms the personalities and brains of future politicians, doctors, and musicians.  the children are the future and the future doesn't look bright after all of the cuts in the schools.  the attention grabber of my collage is the patriotic child in the center of the paper.  He has president John F. Kennedy on his shoulder and it has many meanings but it mostly shows how children need to have positive influences and they must be given opportunities.  The child is transparent and all of the text and photos are shining through him.  I used a packing tape transfer and dragged the child into the collage by connecting his blue shirt to the blue writing that says next generation.  


No comments:

Post a Comment