Monday, November 5, 2012

Shoe drawing

The shoe drawing was difficult.  I felt restricted by the concreteness of the assignment.  I am better at abstract projects but i took on the shoe drawing and I'm sort of proud of the outcome.  I like parts of my drawing better than others.  I don't like the top shoe in the corner of my paper because no matter how hard i tried it still doesn't look real, but i like the sneaker in the center.  I worked on making the shoe laces look real and they are one of my favorite parts of my drawing.  I learned about the basics of shading and pencils.  I used to think all pencils were generally the same but they can be softer or darker or lighter to help with shading.  Drawing these shoes was a lot of work but i surprised myself with the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment